We are committed to protecting the privacy of our customers and visitors to our websites.
WHO WE ARE
The legal names of our primary operating companies are MARUZEKI CO., LTD. The registered office of MARUZEKI CO., LTD is located at Ochanomizu WING BLDG 8F, Hongo, Bunkyo-ku Tokyo, JAPAN Postal Code 113-0033.
We have subcontracted the operation of certain aspects to Lingble Pte. Ltd. and its subsidiaries and affiliates (“Lingble”), including payment processing, hosting, customer care and delivery logistics. The registered office of Lingble Pte. Ltd. is 20 Bendemeer Road, #03-12, BS Bendemeer Centre, Singapore 339914.
You can contact us by post at the above addresses, by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
HOW WE COLLECT AND USE INFORMATION
We limit our collection of personal information to information relevant to the purposes described in the "How We Use Your Information" section below.
Providing your personal information to us is voluntary, however, if you do not provide some or all of the information we request, we may not be able to provide you with certain products, services or information. All the personal information we collect is necessary to fulfill a legitimate business purpose (i.e., as part of our contractual relationship with you) or otherwise collected with your express consent, which you have the right to withdraw at any time.
When you use the Site
When you use the Site to browse products or services offered, use our services and view the information we make available, a number of cookies are used by us and by third parties to allow the website to function, to collect useful information about visitors and to help to make your user experience better.
When you submit an enquiry via the Site
When you submit an enquiry via the Site, email, phone or otherwise, we may ask you for information that will allow us to respond to your query, or otherwise resolve the problem you may have. Information we ask for will be solely that which is relevant to your enquiry, and may include, among other things, your name, order number (if applicable), contact telephone number, sizing information and email address.
We use this information to respond to your query, including providing you with any requested information about the products and services offered in the Site. We may also ask you for additional information that may be required in order to fulfill or complete an order on the Site or otherwise as may be necessary to resolve the matter for which you contacted us, including clarifications on shipping address or asking for measurements of clothing in order to advise on sizing. We may email or contact you several times after your enquiry in order to follow up on your interest and ensure that we have resolved any issues to your satisfaction. We will do this based on our legitimate interest in providing accurate information and customer support in relation to our services and products offered.
Your enquiry is stored and processed through a third-party Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software provider that ensures that we do not miss any messages from you and that we follow through on your enquiries until they are resolved. We use the same third-party service provider to provide the software that we use to communicate with you on the Live Chat function of the Site, which transfers the details of the chat to the same CRM system.
We do not use the information you provide in these enquiries to make any automated decisions that might affect you.
We keep enquiry emails for two years, after which they are securely archived and kept for seven years, when we delete them. CRM records are kept for three years after the last contact with you.
When you purchase a product or service from our website
When you purchase products or services from our Site, we ask you for your name, address, contact telephone number, email address and credit card information. We also collect information on your product or service preferences based on your purchases, and record your IP (Internet Protocol) address, which is the address of your computer on the Internet.
We will use your information to verify your credit card details for your purchase, process your order and to send you your products or provide services to you. We will also send you a confirmation and receipt via email and we may use your telephone number to contact you regarding your purchase.
We require this information in order to process your payment, deliver your products or services and for us to fulfil our contract with you. We record your IP address in order to prevent abuse, to not violate our contractual obligations (and in turn their contractual obligations to third-parties), and, where applicable, to calculate the tax that applies to a sale, which is required to do so by law.
In some cases, we may also collect information you provide about others, such as when you purchase a gift card for someone and request that we deliver it electronically, create and share a "wish list" or decide to purchase a service and/or ship products to someone else. We will use this information to fulfill your requests and will not send marketing communications to your contacts unless they separately consent to receive communications from us. Some of your information (only to the extent necessary to fulfill a purchase or effectuate a return/exchange) will be shared with our courier partners in order to effectuate the delivery of the product to you or the return/exchange to us.
We may, from time to time, run referral programs or similar initiatives, such as a "Tell a Friend" program, that invite you to provide us with the name and email address of someone who is known to you who may find our products or services to be of interest. We will only use those contact details for the purpose of the relevant initiative (and not for general marketing purposes). By providing us with their details, you confirm that you have their permission to do so and must not provide us with the details of anyone from whom you do not have such permission. We reserve the right to identify you as the person who has made the referral in the message that is sent to them.
In other instances, we will collect via email identification proof required by the third-party service provider we utilize to prevent fraudulent transactions and chargebacks. This is required in order to be able to process your payment and complete the desired purchase on the Site. This is necessary for us to enter into the contract of sale with you. You are not obligated to provide this information. However, if not provided, your payment may not be completed with the payment method you chose to use, and the transaction will be rejected.
Your information is stored on our website and on our cloud servers, and may be transferred and stored at other locations, including Japan. Payment details you provide will be encrypted using secure sockets layer (SSL) technology before they are submitted to us over the Internet. We do not retain or store your credit card information. Your credit card details are passed to our third-party payment providers from time to time. You will be providing credit or debit card information directly to such payment provider which acts as an autonomous data controller and operates a secure server to process payment details, encrypting your credit/debit card information and authorising payment.
We do not use the information you provide when purchasing on the Site to make any automated decisions that might affect you.
We keep your order information for an indefinite period, as the licenses we sell for our products do not expire.
When you sign up for our newsletter
When you sign up for our newsletter we collect your email address and receive consent for us to send you direct marketing and information that we think customers and visitors of the Site may be interested in. Information may include announcements of special promotions and sales, new products, services or brands and new blog posts, among others.
Your email address is necessary in order to deliver these communications to you. Your email address is shared with a third-party email marketing software provider, which allows us to prepare visually appealing communications and email automations depending on your behavior on the site (for example, we may send you a reminder email to visit the Site when you haven’t shopped on the Site for a certain period of time).
You may withdraw your consent to receive the newsletter or other emails at any time by clicking Unsubscribe at the bottom of any of our emails. Please allow approximately 10 business days for any opt-out requests to be processed.
When you consent to receiving marketing materials from us
We may send you information about our products and services that we feel may interest you, if you have indicated your consent to receiving marketing material from us. We may provide the marketing materials via traditional mail, e-mail, telephone, text, WhatsApp, WeChat, SMS and MMS messaging (as applicable), including but not limited to, newsletters, information on products, services, promotions and invitations to events. You can, at any time, indicate the preferred method of contact among those listed above and you may object to receiving promotional communications through all or only some of the methods of contact mentioned above. Provision of your data is optional and failure will not have consequences on your ability to purchase from the Site.
When you participate in a contest, sweepstake, promotion, rewards or surveys
When you participate in a contest, sweepstake, promotion, survey or similar promotional activity (“Promotions”) on or in connection with the Site, you agree to the terms of the Promotion and enter into a contractual relationship with us that is limited to the purpose of that Promotion. The only information we collect in relation to any such Promotions is that which is sufficient to fulfil the obligations and purposes of the contractual relationship. Information provided in connection with any such promotions may include email addresses, personal preferences and personal views, photos, videos or other media or content.
We do not use the information you provide when participating in promotions to make any automated decisions that might affect you.
When you submit a review about us or our products or services or upload a photo or other content on the Site
When you submit a review about us or about a product or service, or when you upload a photo or other content (“Member Content”) on the Site we may record your IP (Internet Protocol) address, which is the address of your computer on the Internet, and a Nickname of your choice.
We use this information to provide verified independent views about the products and services we offer to potential customers and to ensure that the Member Content you provide does not violate our Terms and Conditions. Your Name or Nickname of choice and Member Content (but not your IP address) may be publicly displayed on our website and used and shared in accordance with the Terms and Conditions of the Site. We will do this based on our legitimate interest in marketing our products and services.
We do not use the information you provide to make any automated decisions that might affect you.
Your personal data is stored for as long as we are marketing the product or services that the review refers to, after which it is deleted. You may ask us to remove any information or Member Content that may be reasonably used to personally identify you at any time by emailing us at email@example.com.
When you open an account
When you open an account we collect your email address and name. Through your account we will also collect information about shipping (including your contact information), your product or service preferences, reward points, out of stock and newsletter subscriptions, products or services in your wishlist, past purchases and customer support requests. We use this information to improve your shopping and browsing experience with us, providing you rewards for shopping with us or easily finding information that you chose to save or about your past purchases.
If you wish to permanently delete your account and all the personal information contained therein or request that any incorrect personal information about you be rectified, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Information We Collect Automatically
We automatically collect, and use third parties to collect and share with us, certain information about you when you access or use our websites or transact business with us, including:
- Log and Clickstream Information: We collect information about your use of our websites, such as the type of browser you use, access times, pages viewed, your IP address (and its country of origin) and the referring link through which you accessed our websites.
- Transaction Information: When you purchase or return a product, we collect information about the transaction, such as product details and the date and location of the purchase/return/exchange.
We analyze this information to understand how you and others use our websites. This helps us improve the services we offer and better understand our customers’ needs. We may also give anonymous statistics about visitors to other, reputable organizations, including our partners, but the information we provide will not include details that would allow these organizations to identify you.
Information We Collect and Other Sources
We may also obtain information about you from other sources and combine that with information we collect about you. For example, we collect information from our courier partners when they cannot deliver a package to you or when there is a change of address. We do this only to the extent necessary to fulfill a legitimate business purpose, such as delivering a product or service to you.
- Social Media Widgets – The Site includes social media features, such as the Facebook Like button, and widgets, such as the Share This button or interactive mini-programs that run on the Site. These features may collect your IP address, which page you are visiting on the Sites, and may set a cookie to enable the feature to function properly. Social media features and widgets are either hosted by a third party or hosted directly on the Site. Your interactions with these features are governed by the privacy statement of the companies that provide them.
- Information From Third Party Services – We may also obtain other information, including personal information, from third parties and combine that with information we collect through the Site. For example, we may have access to certain information from a third party social media or authentication service if you log into our Services through such a service or otherwise provide us with access to information from the service. Any access that we may have to such information from a third party social media or authentication service is in accordance with the authorization procedures determined by that service. By authorizing us to connect with a third party service, you authorize us to access and store your name, email address(es), current city, profile picture URL, and other personal information that the third party service makes available to us, and to use and disclose it in accordance with this Policy. You should check your privacy settings on these third party services to understand and change the information sent to us through these services. For example, you can log in to the Services using sign-in services such as Facebook Connect, as further described below.
- Single Sign-On – You can log into certain Services using sign-in services such as Facebook Connect. These services will authenticate your identity, provide you with the option to share certain personal information (such as your name and email address) with us, and pre-populate our sign up form. Services like Facebook Connect give you the option to post information about your activities in the Services to your profile page to share with others within your network.
HOW WE MAY SHARE INFORMATION
We may share information about you as follows:
- With vendors, agents, consultants, individuals, companies and other service providers that we employ and who need access to such information to carry out work on our behalf, on a strictly as-needed basis to fulfill legitimate business purposes and for internal operations, including identifying visitors to the Site, troubleshooting, and, in our legitimate interests, auditing the downloading of data, data analysis (demographic and sales data), testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- With our contractors, agents and other third parties for purposes of sending direct mail/e-mail, with your consent;
- If we believe information disclosure is appropriate to comply with any applicable law, regulation or legal process, or as otherwise required by any applicable law, rule or regulation, including to meet public safety, national security or law enforcement requirements;
- If we believe information disclosure is appropriate or necessary to enforce or apply our Terms and Conditions and other agreements; or protect our rights, property, or safety, or those of our users or others, including to prevent fraud or cybercrime;
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing or transfer of all or a portion of our business to another company; and
- With your consent or at your direction or as part of our contractual rights or obligations to you.
We may also share aggregated or anonymized information with our agents, contractors, prospective partners, advertisers, sponsors and other reputable third parties or other relevant stakeholders for other lawful purposes, which cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
In the event that we undergo re-organisation or are sold to a third party, the personal information we hold about you may be transferred to that re-organised entity or third party.
WE MAY LINK TO OTHER SITES
To enhance your shopping experience, our website may include links to other third-party sites. Those websites have their own privacy and cookie policies, and we urge you to read them. They control how your personal information is used when you give it to these other organizations or they collect it with cookies. We do not approve any other websites and we are not responsible for any information, material, products or services that are on or accessible through those websites or for the privacy practices of websites run by other organizations. If you use these other websites you do so at your own risk.
SAFEGUARDING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We take reasonable measures to help protect information about you from loss, theft, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction.
STORAGE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We do not knowingly collect any personal information from children under the age of 13. We do not sell products for purchase by children and all children's products we sell are for purchase by adults only.
YOUR CHOICES AND RIGHT TO ERASURE
We take reasonable steps to ensure that personal data is reliable for its intended use, accurate, complete and current. You may update, correct or delete your online account information at any time by logging in to your account and navigating to the "My Account" page or by contacting email@example.com. You can also contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to deactivate your online account.
California Do Not Track Disclosure
Do Not Track is a privacy preference that users can set in their web browsers. When a user turns on the Do Not Track signal, the browser sends a message to websites requesting them not to track the user. At this time, we do not respond to Do Not Track browser settings or signals.
EFFECTIVE DATE July 31st 2021